O yes! You can't kill my shine, I won't let you rain on my parade. This spirit will explore the world, I will defend myself and help those who are willing to fly soar.
PEOPLE: This is the season of thanksgiving, so I will say this is coming handy. I am so blessed, when I count my blessings they are mainly measured in people. there is a yoruba adage that says "eni yan laso" meaning "Humans are our covering." I may have been disappointed in people, people I thought will help blow dust from my eyes were the ones who actually added pepper, I mean lot of pepper. yet these few cannot out number the many beautiful people in my life. These beautiful minds give me reasons to be a better person, they inspire and motivate the greatness I see before me. With them it is difficult to be sad, they always always make me count my blessings. My people are a reflection of me, always reminding me that relationship is beyond money, greed and lies but a bond of love, care and integrity. Even as the recession is biting hard, I would rather reflect on the gift of people. All I feel is gratitude that I have people to love, care , appreciate and sh...
A friend was discussing with me on how his wife’s friend came to his office and requested to see him. Being a friend to the family, he went out to meet with her. The woman came with a lodge of complain against her friend. She told her friends husband how he is unfortunate to have married her friend, how her friend’s leg is not good and brings in bad luck, how the friend was prostituting before she met her husband and married her. She said out of love, she has come to warn her friend’s husband to be weary of his wife and think of the best ways he can separate from his wife in other for his life to be long and prosperous. My friend said he was silent but shocked. He is aware that his wife and her friend have been having issues but he didn’t know it had resulted to name calling. He told his wife’s friend that he has heard all she said however, all the things she said are the reason why he married his wife. He said he told her that the prostitution story of his wife is what ...
At what point do we term a person to be bad luck? So banker got married recently, 2 months after his wedding he was sacked. His family branded the wife bad luck. They are of the view that she has left leg and her left leg has brought ill luck to her husband. It is so painful that those who carried this matter most on their head are women. What is the wife’s fault here? How is she responsible for her husband’s sack from the bank? The noise was too much to comprehend that I had to walk out of the conversation. Yes a woman should pray, she should pray first for her wellbeing before any other person. Why should a woman put her life on hold because she is married? Can’t the husband pray too, abi is prayer only meant for the women ni? This was how her husband was sacked: The banker holds the key to the vault; two of his colleagues are equally saddled with same responsibility. As I heard three of them must be present while entering the vault. It was Friday evening and end of ...
Comments
Post a Comment